7 Jun 2011

2011.06.07

I sat infront of my computer for approximately 2 hours, not knowing whether I should get just 1 or 2 tickets for this guaranteed-to-sell-out production at Barbican starring THE Cate Blanchett (aka The Goddess).

How many times did I miss popular shows by waiting for a friend, when I've known about the productions months before all the promotions began (consequently resulting in the tickets selling out in a matter of hours) and could've easily bagged myself a ticket much earlier on? Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake, ROH's Alice in Wonderland, National Theatre's Frankenstein... the list is endless. And yet, here I am, still hoping that there may exist a person around me who appreciates these things (AND doesn't go back to Korea every holiday), and who would be exceedingly disappointed by the fact that I did not purchase another ticket just now.

How dull life can be, when there is no one to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment