31 May 2011

Barbican -The School for Scandal

Barbican -The School for Scandal

Watched this last Thursday with 정민!

To be honest I didn't like either of the Surface brothers, so although the story ends in a sort of fairytale-ish way with the villains punished and all, I did not like it that much. Yeah, sure, the hypocrites got their punishments, but the idiotic and decadent Charles, who sells his family and dignity for a pittance, getting the prize? I don't think so! 
The ridiculous plot was probably intended (and it is a remake of an old production), but I still felt the story was weak (if it was funnier this would have made amends for this weakness, but it wasn't THAT funny...hmm)

Still, I liked the cast in general, especially the two old gentlemen: Sir Peter Teazle, played by Alan Howard (who did the voice of The Ring in the 'Lord of the Rings', haha) and Sir Oliver, played by John Shrapnel ('Skinner' in 101 Dalmatians! hahahahaha Also the good 'Gaius' in Gladiator:-D)
Harry Melling as Sir Benjamin Backbite (aaaaaaaah just found out that he's Dudley in Harry Potter series!!) and Christopher Logan as Trip (for no apparent reason I loved this weird character lol) were really good too - both superbly annoying...!haha


It is a blessing to be able to see such top-class actors in top-class avenue like Barbican for... well, for free. I anticipate the amazing people I will get to meet in the future if I carried on working in this industry:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment