19 Aug 2011

That old-fashioned thing called Romance



A short film called 'Nuit Blanche', Directed by Arev Manoukian

"Nuit Blanche explores a fleeting moment between two strangers, revealing their brief connection in a hyper real fantasy."


Astonishing skills, great concept!
I feel that a genuine romanticism is difficult to find nowadays - which may be the reason for all that hype about all things vintage.. People miss the 'good old days'; I'm only 20 and I already miss 90s badly.
So I love the top-rated comment below the youtube clip, which probably summarises what the makers behind this short film tried to convey..:

"This film make me feel things there are no words for. I felt this way the first time I saw my wife, five years before we were married. we are still very happy after almost 30 years."



Beautiful. 
I wonder how many couples will be able to say the same thing after 30 years from now, looking at the unprecedented divorce rates and the sheer materialism involved with marriages (or any relationships) in the modern society. There is no romance anymore.

ROMANCE IS DYING! And I want to save it!

Is there anybody out there who feel the same way as I do?
It can take as few as two people to spark a new life into romance.. Friends or lovers, it doesn't matter.
Romance doesn't just mean roses and kisses and suppers with candles.

For me, Romance is something like..


- The Moon
- A picnic on a sunny day
- Waiting for someone at our favourite spot
- A good supper, accompanied by dessert-induced chat
- Walking under cherry blossoms
- Cinema with popcorn
- Any good music that suit my mood perfectly
- Baking butter cookies
- Christmas season!
- Korean Tradition (clothes, housing, music..)
- Loving someone but not knowing whether he loves you back
- Loving someone and knowing that he loves you back
- Blowing bubbles
- Having someone laying their head on my shoulder and placing my head on top of it
- Brogues with ankle socks
- A midsummer night, best accompanied by a guitar
- Reading a novel in a shade on a very sunny day
- Dawn, with its subtle moisture, blueish tint, and the silence filled with excitement for the day
- Birdsong
- A healthy Bromance, haha
- A quiet fireplace
- Blowing dandelion seeds against the wind
- A long journey on a bus
- Sleepover with a DVD from Blockbuster and late-night snack


And many other things. 


Sadly, most people (at least no one I know) don't seem to value these small but beautiful things anymore.
It feels as if they all went chasing for the loud, neon-coloured flashes and left me sitting alone on a dust-covered bench underneath a giant tree.
But for me, they're everything.
And it makes me incredibly lonely at times..








No comments:

Post a Comment