30 May 2011

Ai Weiwei - Circle of Animals / Zodiac Heads : Somerset House




Went to see Ai Weiwei's work at the Somerset House on Sunday morning.

I originally had planned to watch the preview screening of 'Life in A Day' in West End Vue because I got hold of 2 free tickets... But due to the rather unfortunate circumstances that morning I couldn't, and instead went to see this show, which was definitely worth it.






Does everyone know the 12 Chinese Zodiacs?
It goes:


Mouse


Bull


Rabbit


Tiger

Which forms 子丑寅卯 (자축인묘 aka 똘기떵이호치새초미)



It continues:


Dragon
Snake
(This one looked kind of funny.. like one of those animal-headed low-rank villains you would find in some B-rate TV series or anime)

Horse


Sheep


And these four form 辰巳午未 (진사오미 aka 드라고요롱이마초미미)



And then it continues:




Dog


Chicken


Monkey 
(this one looked very Asian to me.. I don't think a Western artist would ever portray a monkey like this)



Pig

These form 申酉戌亥 (신유술해 aka 몽치키키깡다리찡찡이)






 It was amazing to see how these huge statues have such intricate details on them... 
Just BEAUTIFUL.























I belong to either the Horse or the Sheep zodiac (depending on whether I choose the lunar or solar calendar), but my favourite has always been either the Dragon or the Tiger as I like fiercer animals;


So here's my photo-time with the Dragon!





+


e0084097_47766558af490.jpg



One of my favourite songs of all time! hahaha
정말 교육적인 만화여씀... 난 아직도 이 노래 흥얼거리며 12간지를 외우지ㅋㅋㅋ이런게 진정한 간지





No comments:

Post a Comment